When will I be notified if I have been accepted or wait listed for camp?
All notifications will be received around the end of March. You will be notified by email and all details about camp registration will be available in your OWjL Application portal at that time.
When do I come to camp?
Residential Camp for students in grades 6, 7, & 8:
Week 1 - Sunday, June 9 to Friday, June 14, 2024
Week 2 - Sunday, June 16 to Friday, June 21, 2024
Week 3 - Sunday, June 23 to Friday, June 28, 2024
NEW Day Camp for students in grades 4, 5, & 6:
Week 4 - Monday, July 22 to Friday, July 26, 2024
Residential Camp: Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m. at Stuyvesant Hall dormitory. After check-in, there will be a few short announcements for campers and their families at 7:00 p.m. on the patio. Residential campers should eat dinner at home on the day of check-in, as the first OWjL meal is breakfast Monday morning.
Day Camp: procedure to be determined
What grade do I choose?
Please choose the grade level you are in when you apply for camp. So when you're applying in December or January, please choose the grade you are currently in at that time.
I can’t find the information you sent me for camp. Can I get another copy?
Please email the OWjL Camp office with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does my child need a physical for OWjL Camp?
No. Your child does NOT need a physical on file for OWjL Camp.
When do I pick my child up from camp?
Residential Camp: Pick up your camper in the same place you dropped them off, Stuyvesant Hall dormitory. Pick up will be from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. You will meet your camper in the lobby of Stuyvesant Hall. Once parents/guardians have checked out their camper (by signing out with their counselor) they may gather their belongings from their room and take them home.
Day Camp: procedure to be determined
Can I send mail to my camper?
Campers love to receive mail! Please be sure OWjL Camp is on the envelope or package. Please use the format below:
Camper’s Name - OWjL
Ohio Weslayan University
61 S Sandusky St
Delaware OH 43015
Can I call my camper during the week?
We request that parents not call students. Students are not to use the telephones or cell phones.
Do campers earn grades or credits for the courses?
No grades or credits will be given for any courses at OWjL Camp.
Who will be housed in the dorm?
Only OWjL campers and counselors will occupy the dorm during our residential camp. No other individuals will share the dorm with OWjL during the summer.
Who do I call in an emergency?
The OWjL Camp Office can be contacted at 740-368-3939. For emergencies during camp, an after-hours phone number will be given to with your acceptance paperwork.
Do you accept roommate requests?
We do not accept roommate requests. We strive to have the campers make new friends and have new experiences.
What if I have a special housing or accommodation need?
If you have special housing or accommodation needs, please let us know the circumstances when you register your child in the OWjL Application portal.
What do the 2024 t-shirt colors look like?
The NEW OWjL logo will be printed on the front of each shirt.
Red, Black and White.
OWjL Anti-Bullying Policy:
- The behavior is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive camp environment for the other camper.
OWjL Refund Policy:
The OWjL Camp strives to provide the absolute best program. We sign contracts with staff and purchase items based upon confirmed acceptances. Cancellations after May 1st undermine our ability to provide a quality camp program.
- Refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Prior to May 1st – full refund of all funds paid may be issued
- After May 1st – the $150 deposit will be non-refundable
- Refund requests must be emailed before July 3rd, all others will not be considered.
- Fees cannot be rolled over to a future camp.
- Refund requests should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Refund checks will be issued to the entity paying the original fee pending its approval.
OWjL Discipline Policy with Rules and Regulations:
The following actions may result in immediate dismissal from camp:
- Leaving the camp grounds without permission
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) or vaping
- Possessing or using marijuana (or marijuana equipment)
- Possessing any type of weapon, including a knife or firearm
- Vandalism (including graffiti) or pranks or activities that damage camp or university property
- Misuse of fire extinguishers
- Disrupting someone who is sleeping
- Invading someone’s privacy while they are in the bathroom or shower
- Self-harmful behaviors
- Sexual activity (including intercourse, oral sex, or other behavior for which the camp cannot take responsibility)
- OWjL Camp has zero tolerance for the use by any camper of alcohol, illegal or recreational drugs, or other controlled substances.