In-person auditions are ten minutes in length. If your program exceeds this amount, please be advised that pieces may not be heard in their entirety. If submitting a recording, all works must be performed in their entirety. All requirements shown below apply to both B.A. and B.M. candidates.
- Be prepared with all major and minor scales (including all three minor forms) in four octaves, performed in 16th notes at a minimum tempo of quarter note = 92.
- A selection by Bach, which may be any standard work except for the Two-part Inventions.
- A sonata-allegro movement from a sonata by Haydn, Mozart (except K. 545), or Beethoven (except Op. 49).
- A representative selection from the 19th, 20th, or 21st centuries.
- Two works from the organ repertoire: one from the 18th century and one from the 19th, 20th or 21st centuries.
- One short piano work that demonstrates the candidate’s piano proficiency level.
- One stanza of a hymn of the candidate's choice to be played on the organ.