The Performing Arts Department recognizes outstanding achievement by students with the following awards:
- The Robert A. Griffith Music Achievement Award is given annually to a senior music student who displays a great deal of competence in their music specialty, as well as initiative and leadership in musical activities.
- The Senior Performance Award is given annually to a senior student for demonstrated excellence in music as a performer.
- The Slocum Prize in Music is awarded annually to the member of the senior class of music majors who has attained the highest cumulative grade point average in the courses prescribed for graduation.
- The Richard H. Williamson Wesleyan Player Award is presented to an outstanding senior theatre student in recognition of all phases of their work on campus: academic record, artistic creation, and service to the department.
- The L. Dana Latham/Robert R. Crosby Service Award is given to an upperclass theatre student in recognition of significant service to the department and its programs. This is named in honor of Dr. Robert R. Crosby '39, longtime professor of theatre at OWU and former chairperson of the department, who retired in 1983.
- The L. Dana Latham Prize is given annually to rising juniors or seniors who have demonstrated significant creativity in the department’s theatre program.