To help best prepare you for your appointment, be sure to do the following before you visit…
- Take notes in class, including sample problems your instructor does in class.
- Circle concepts or problems you have trouble with or want to explore more deeply.
- Work through your homework problems/assignments before you meet with your tutor so you can identify any problems you want to review with your tutor.
Items to bring with you to your appointment…
- Your textbook if your class is using one.
- Your calculator and pencils.
- Your class notes regarding assigned work. These might be helpful for clarifying the material.
- Any homework problems/assignments you have worked through and have questions on.
During your appointment, you can expect…
- To be treated kindly and with respect from all of our tutors!
- To work in a positive and safe environment, where you can feel comfortable asking questions and receiving helpful feedback.
- To review and discuss your class notes and assignments, and to ask any questions you have about the quantitative material being covered in your class.
- To be asked questions to help clarify your methods of working problems.
- To receive suggestions regarding study skills, methods, and strategies that have proved helpful to others.
- To receive support to ease any problem-related stress you are experiencing.
- To discuss math concepts to help you understand the "how's and why's" of solving your assigned problems.
- To receive references to books, resources, websites, and other self-help resources available for your use.
- To create a follow-up plan for our next appointment!
Be sure to know that our tutors cannot...
- Do homework problems for you.
- Offer assistance with take-home assessments or quizzes.