Departmental Recital Scheduling Form
Use the Department Recital Scheduling Form to schedule a performance on a departmental recital (held Wednesdays at 1:10 p.m.).
Degree Recital Scheduling Form
Before filling out the Degree Recital Scheduling Form, please review the Degree Recital Requirements and Guidelines (PDF) to determine whether a recital petition is first required and for general information.
Recital Petition Form
The Recital Petition Form is for petitioning to give a performance that exceeds the minimum requirements for any degree program (see below).
- The form must be submitted in the semester preceding that in which the recital is to be given. For Spring 2022 recital petitions, the due date is Monday, November 15, 2021. No exceptions.
- The faculty’s decision will be made and communicated to the student within a week after the form has been received in the music office.
Junior/Senior Performance Requirements
(Half recital – 25-30 minutes of music; Full recital – 50-60 minutes of music)
- B.A. Music – Required: minimum of 15 minutes on a departmental recital in the senior year—this should be scheduled using the Departmental Recital Scheduling Form. Use this form to petition to do a half or full recital. If approved, the recital will be designated as a “Senior Recital” regardless of whether it takes place during the junior or senior year.
- B.M. Music Education – Required: half recital prior to the student teaching experience, in either the junior year spring or senior year fall semesters. Regardless of the semester, the recital will be designated as a “Senior Recital”. Use this form to petition to do a full senior recital.
- B.M. Performance – Required: full senior recital. The student may also give a half junior recital at the discretion of the applied instructor. Use this form to petition to do a full junior recital.