R.W. Corns Building #316
61 S. Sandusky St.
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Tu-Th 3 p.m.-5 p.m., walk-in tutoring in Corns #315.
10. Tutoring is not expensive. It is free.
9. Tutoring is not only for students who are in danger of flunking. It is for anyone who could use a little extra help.
8. Tutoring is not just about content. It is about study skills, too.
7. Tutoring is not passive. It is active learning.
6. Tutoring is not a time for socializing. A tutoring session is a time for working on the subject you are studying.
5. Tutoring is not a venue for complaining about your professor. If you have problems with your professor, go through the proper channels to resolve them. Start with the professor.
4. Tutoring is not a way to get your homework done for you. This is cheating. You won't learn much by letting someone else do your work.
3. Tutoring is not a place for take-home exams. Cheating, again.
2. Tutoring is not a substitute for reading assignments. To get the most out of your tutoring sessions, read your assignments before meeting with your tutor.
1. Tutoring is not a substitute for going to class. Tutoring builds on a foundation that begins with going to class. In fact, you should take your class notes to your tutoring sessions so that your tutor can clarify confusing points.
– Paula Ford, Coordinator, Learning Resource Center at Penn State