If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Ms. Carolyn Lammert, Part-Time Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship and Full Time Opportunities
NEW! COLLEGE RIDE BOARD, Marketing/ Social Media Intern - The College Ride Board was inspired by a family who, for the 2017-2018 academic year, had five students in five different colleges, in four different states. But we discovered that there is no centralized way to find out if another student is traveling in the same direction or taking the same bus, train, shuttle, or plane. Randomly asking around proved not very efficient because it was limited to friends in the same school. There was no way to find another student driving where a student needs to go, or taking the same bus, train, shuttle, or plane. Thus, The College Ride Board was born.
- Underclassman with social media presence to help grow network
- Comfortable asking friends / students to join network, reaching out to people from other schools, writing other schools, and staying active on the site
- Confident and Outgoing
- Ability to work independently
- Assist with recruiting students to the ride program
- Identify the best marketing plan or services and assist with online content, and find out what works and what doesn’t.
- Assistance with fundraising. A Kickstarter, GoFundMe, researching programs that assist startups, and/or simply asking for assistance, making a pitch
This is an unpaid position however, you will gain experience with starting a social network and app. Learning what is necessary from a legal and technical standpoint, and using social media and social skills to create a buzz and start a business all while gaining experience with the lingo - domains, public domain, LLC, elevator pitch, analytics, SEO, etc. At the end of this, you would be able say that you grew a student network from a few members to [insert large number], and raised [insert large number] dollars, and did it all with [insert small number] dollars. He or she will be able to state what worked, what didn’t and how he or she overcame challenges. You would have a glowing recommendation from an attorney and entrepreneur.
Crown Appraisal, Appraiser Intern: Provides assistance and support to the Administrative/Office staff and/or an Appraiser in order to complete work assignments. Potential for future employment
- Complete rent comp calls/database entry
- Complete Overviews (Market Area and Property Specific/Industry)
- Basic data entry into specific excel or access based programs
- Complete property fact sheets, collect real estate tax data
- Collect demographic data
- Transcription of inspection notes
- Create addendums, photo pages, maps
- Print completed reports for assembly, create CD’s, punch/bind reports
- Schedules Courier/DHL deliveries
- Other duties as assigned
Skills: Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Written Communication Skills, Time Management, Computer Literacy, Math Aptitude, Alpha/Numeric Keyboard, Skills, Organization, Analytical Reasoning, Planning Skills
Education/Experience: Working on Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, Valid drivers’ license and auto insurance
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Delaware County Economic Development Office (Delaware, Ohio) Economic Development Intern
Organization: Delaware County Economic Development Office
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Date: Summer 2016
Category: $12.00 per hour (20 hours per week)
The purpose of economic development is to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for a community by creating and or retaining jobs that facilitate growth and provide a stable tax base. Local government is a key player in economic development and is involved in various activities that are essential to economic development including:
- Strategic Planning
- Financing and Incentives
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Small Business Development
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Community Development
Responsibilities: The internship would include work on day to day tasks in the office as well as the intern taking the lead on big picture projects including:
- Conduct a workforce survey in conjunction with Delaware County’s Business Retention and Expansion Program.
- Work with Delaware County EMA on a disaster preparedness plan for Delaware County’s businesses.
- Major: in Economics, Finance, or Business related major
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Excellent Computer skills
How to Apply: Send resume to email@example.com AND apply through the Delaware county system:
REMESH, Marketing Design Intern (Summer) Remesh is looking for an amazingly dynamic Marketing Design Intern. If you love to be involved in the full-spectrum design process and you jump at the idea of shaping the next major wave in customer-centric research then you’ll love Remesh. Our product is used today by leading Innovation Agencies, Consultancies, Public Relations, and Market Research Agencies to help clients drive product, messaging, and marketing execution decisions through quick, iterative, and deep conversations directly with large targeted audiences.
Your Role: Our internship carries an opportunity to make a lasting impact - impacting company collateral, brand design and direction beyond the course of the summer. We look forward to working with a candidate who can make a big splash assisting our team with creative in bringing these new advancements to market.
- Excellent written communication skills
- High confidence with design tools (Sketch, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- You're fast, get things done, and keep on trying hard to reach your goal
- You have a passion for marketing communication, advertising, and technology.
Compensation- $2K – $3K, No Equity, Visa Sponsorship - Not available
Surace Smith Columbus, Ohio Summer Interns and Entry Level : Forbes 24th Happiest Place to Work in 2018!We at American income/ Surace-Smith Agency are a subsidiary of Torchmark Corp. We are accredited by the BBB with an A+ rating and our company has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” in Columbus, every year since 2013, by 10TV & Columbus CEO Magazine. We have built a winning culture and great work environment for our people. Our company specializes in handling permanent benefits for over 30,000 different Labor Unions, Credit Unions and Associations throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. We are unlike any other benefits company as we have established a working relationship with these groups, to where their members request our services. Our primary focus is to educate and provide blue collar families with affordable options when it comes to protecting their family’s financial future.
SocialVentures Summer 2018 Internship (Central, Ohio): SocialVentures seeks a paid intern to help support the mission of advancing remarkably good businesses—businesses that intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business model. This position includes collecting and managing social impact information and other data for the 2018 State of Social Enterprise Report and for the social impact profiles of the 100+ social enterprises listed in its online Marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity to interact directly with dozens of social enterprises to document and publicize their progress and impact in the Central Ohio region.
Job Description The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting, compiling, and reporting data on the impact of SocialVentures and of the multitude of players in the social enterprise ecosystem of Central Ohio. The intern will compile data for the 2018 State of Social Enterprise in Central Ohio report and collect and update profile data for the social enterprises listed in the Marketplace, including identifying and researching new social enterprises.
- Assist with updating existing Marketplace profiles for area social enterprises;
- Deliver informational cards to area businesses as requested;
- Research and compile data for the 2018 State of Social Enterprise in Central Ohio report;
- Work with SV staff and partners on the social impact validation project with the Better Business Bureau and Measurement Resources Company, including training social enterprises on impact measures and maintaining a database of results; and
- Assist in identifying new social enterprises in Central Ohio.
This part-time position will require 20 hours per week starting in May 2018, and ending in August 2018. The start and end dates can be flexible based on the candidate’s availability. Fulltime hours are available if candidate is interested and available.
Compensation will be $13 per hour and will be paid bi-weekly.
The selected individual will need to provide his/her own laptop computer, internet access and have access to transportation. All work will take place in Columbus, Ohio, and the surrounding 11-county area. All deliverables will be the property of SocialVentures. Intern Summer 2018 SocialVentures February 2018
Qualifications: Energized to be part of a young organization and who finds it exciting to support the integration of social impact with start-up entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is curious and adaptable with a high level of business, quantitative, and communicative literacy, and who will contribute a unique perspective to the organization. Qualifications and experience: • A strong understanding of business principles, particularly with non-profit and start-up entities, though completion of specific business coursework is not required; • The ability to describe business impacts and to understand the needs of social entrepreneurs; • Collaborative, team-oriented skills; • Strong networking skills to identify new social enterprises, connect with social entrepreneurs, and collaborate with local business experts; • Facility with WordPress, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GoogleDocs, Facebook, and Twitter; • Ability to manage a website is welcome but not required; and • This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
MT Technologies (Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus) Sales Representatives and 2-3 Interns At MT Business Technologies, we understand that your business has mission critical work, and you depend on your office equipment to keep your work flowing and your customers satisfied. We're here to make sure you and your equipment stay online. We specialize in helping our clients:
- Improve workplace productivity
- Reduce the cost of document creation distribution, replication and retention
- Manage material costs
- Maximize their return on investment
To ensure that our clients are equipped with the best products available, we only carry top tier printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines, as well as all-in-one devices. Additionally, our robust array of products offer dependable digital solutions that fit your specific needs and meet your ongoing demands.
Through an unbeatable selection of exceptional products and services, we deliver for you so you can deliver for your clients.
Guru Graphix (Columbus, Ohio) I'm looking for someone as soon as possible to be able to assist/shadow me, who is capable of doing design (Adobe CS) as well as graphic production work. Ideally, this person would have knowledge of social media marketing as well, which is the primary advertising venue for Guru Graphix.
The Lake Erie Crushers (Avon, OH) Summer 2018 Internships, As a Lake Erie Crushers intern you will have the opportunity to experience and partake in all aspects of how a professional baseball team operates. Interns can gather practical work experience in all aspects of professional sports including, but not limited to: Marketing / Promotions Stadium Operations Ticketing Corporate Client Management Financial Management Special Projects. This is an unpaid internship, and no housing is provided. College credit can be awarded for completion of this internship.
Radio Broadcasting InternOH - Avon, OHSeasonalThe Lake Erie Crushers are looking for interns for the 2018 summer baseball season (May 2018-September 2018. As a Lake Erie Crushers’ intern you will be given the opportunity to experience and partake in the broadcasting aspect of how a professional baseball team operates.
Video Intern OH - Avon, OHInternshipVideo Production Internship: We are looking for an intern interested in videography and video editing for the 2018 season. The position is unpaid, however academic credit is required to qualify for the program. Opportunities: • Experience the creation of news-style video
Photography Intern OH - Avon, OHInternshipPhotography Intern – We are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic intern candidate interested in photography for the 2018 season. The position is unpaid, however academic credit is required for this position. This position would run from May to August/September.
General Intern OH - Avon, OHInternshipThe Lake Erie Crushers, located in Avon, Ohio, are looking for interns for the 2018 season. As a Lake Erie Crushers intern you will have the opportunity to experience and partake in all aspects of how a professional baseball team operates. Interns can gather practical experience in all aspects of pr.
Food & Beverage Intern OH - Avon, OHInternshipFood & Bev Internship: The Lake Erie Crushers, located in Avon, OH, are looking for Food & Beverage Interns for the 2018 summer baseball season (May 2018--August 2018).The Crushers are seeking students, who are passionate about working in the Hospitality and / or Sports industry.
Finance Intern OH - Avon, OH InternshipFinance Internship: The Lake Erie Crushers are searching for a Summer Intern in our Finance Department for the 2018 Baseball season. The right candidate will have a basic understanding of financial principles, strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, and be available to attend games sc...
Cash Manager OH - Avon, OHSeasonalThe Lake Erie Crushers are searching for a Financial Assistant / Cash Manager for the 2018 Baseball season. The right candidate will have a basic understanding of financial principles, strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, and be available to work nights and weekends.
Nokia, Customer Project Manager, A global technology leader at the heart of our connected world powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry’s most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
- Accountable for executing project delivery for the applicable part of the project scope
- Main responsibility to ensure operational continuity and smooth execution by implementing proactive delivery management practices
- Ensures services delivery management based on PMI principles and in full alignment with Nokia MoM and applicable BL guidelines
Summary of key activities:
- Continuous Project Management Planning and implementation of the Project Management Plan
- Scheduling, forecasting and progress tracking
- Controlling and optimizing services delivery performance (operational KPIs i.e. SLA, time, scope, quality)
- Co-ordinating the people involved in services delivery
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational non-financial KPIs (e.g. acceptance metrics)
Continuous Project Management Planning and implementation of the Project Management Plan**
- Contributes to the customization of global e2e operational processes to project requirements (e.g. network operations processes, supply chain process, logistics processes, acceptance process etc.) and ensures it is aligned with Nokia MoO
- Contributes proactively to Project Management and Delivery Processes Planning to reflect the changing environment
- Responsible for communication of Project Management Plan* and related processes to the relevant stakeholders
- Contributing to achieving the project targets set in the PTA** to for the applicable part(s)
Scheduling, forecasting and progress tracking
- Ensures that services delivery management relies on fact based and verified schedules and forecasts (or the applicable part of the project scope), including e.g.
- Collects actual services delivery performance information and compares actual performance with baseline(s)
- Determines the causes to any perceived deviation
- Collects information to provide latest estimates to completion
- Implements proactive re-planning to keep the services delivery on the course
- Ensures that schedules and forecasts are kept up to date and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Ensures that constraints and risks are managed successfully
Controlling and optimizing services delivery performance (operational KPIs i.e. SLA, time, scope, quality)
- Controlling, reporting and optimizing services delivery* in alignment with relevant Project Management processes e.g. time management, cost management, scope management, quality etc. Is responsible of e.g.
- Providing sufficient operational visibility to relevant stakeholders (e.g. PBM, PMO, Customer) through specific tools
- Monitors and controls services delivery with operational KPIs
- Participation to periodic reviews e.g. Review Meetings
- Coordinates services delivery related operational tasks, e.g.
- Managing issues
- Tracking the status
Co-ordinating the people involved in services delivery
- Co-ordinating relevant stakeholders, e.g.
- external partners (e.g. subcontractors, contractors, 3rd party)**
- project teams
- Setting up and maintaining clear and effective internal and external communication within the relevant project stakeholders (e.g. customer and project teams)
Service Before Leadership, (Content Marketing Intern/ Assistant, pt, flexible, remotely) I am ... a pathfinder, educational innovator, & freedom focused entrepreneur who serves small / mid-sized businesses, families, individuals, and faith institutions: helping them understand the key differences between education and schooling which aids them in living a more successful and significant life in all areas. Responsibilities: following up with contacts, update contact files, assist with event planning and participation, updating social media sites, Qualifications: Strong communication skills, experience with social media platforms, Interest in marketing, transportation needed ** Many networking and mentoring opportunities available. (This internship is unpaid)
All That, (Columbus, Ohio) Marketing Intern (2) All THAT is looking for two interns to help execute marketing communications tactics. Duties may include:
- Develop a social media & Digital Marketing Strategy
- Build buzz/awareness for ALL THAT, promote their ongoing programs and how they help youth, create a community for the students who are part of the ALL THAT programs, and recruit additional volunteers as well as donors.
- Creating an Open House event to promote the afterschool activities and programs
- Promoting media releases about events
- Making regular posts on the Facebook page in addition to posting about the goals of ALL THAT,
- Creating a calendar of upcoming events and programs – how students can join, how volunteers can become involved, and how the community can support ALL THAT and the programs.
- Create a new, annual Open House event
- An intern can oversee social media and make updates to the website. ALL THAT would like the intern to create daily posts talking about the following:
- Open House event (When, Where, Why, etc)
- How students can get involved in the programs
- How people in the community can volunteer & donate
- The main goals of ALL THAT
- How ALL THAT works with their partners
- The programs that are offered
- Add a blog to the website to attract new “likes and stakeholders”. This includes posting the blog updates to Facebook, Twitter via a post and then linking the Facebook, Twitter post to the ALL THAT website, where the blog is located. This will also increase traffic and the amount of visits to both the social media pages and the website.
- Assist with the use of multi-channel tactics via cross-channel campaigns
- Branding basics – color palate, voice & tone, fonts, imagery (photo release use)
- Website – branding, working images, more links to go deeper, drop downs for About Us, Programs, The Family (the kids and their families/friends & staff & Board), Donate Today, Volunteer, Events, Partners (schools, detention center, funders, community organizations)
- Social media & Digital marketing (see special section)
- Email (strength of database)
- Direct mail (strength of database)
- Identify ALL THAT’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition – what differentiates ALL THAT from other similar organizations … those working with youth in areas/cities/neighborhoods with similar demographics)
- Create messaging that is relevant (to each audience) and compelling (enough to lead that audience to the action you want them to take, be it volunteering, donating time, space, items or dollars)
- Develop content (blog, articles, infographics, to assist with inbound marketing; cross-channel campaigns direct traffic to website; become seen as influential; become subject matter experts – all of this entices community leaders and potential partners to get involved with ALL THAT, which builds awareness and can increase donation and grant revenues
- Create a LinkedIn page for ALL THAT to approach and recruit potential volunteers, additional board members and potential future donor
- Locate professionals in the community who have expressed their interest in volunteer opportunities and becoming board members and contact via LinkedIn.
UNIVERSAL PAY, Digital Marketing/Content Writer
Universal Pay is looking for an Intern that is an excellent writer / content marketer for social media marketing. To build brand recognition and authority in the payment space serving emerging markets in the cannabis oil space and crypto currency markets. $15.00 plus bonus based on performance.
WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES, (Worthington, OH) Internship Opportunities / Entry Level Rotational Program: Worthington Industries is a global, diversified, metals manufacturing company. For 60 years, we have been North American’s premier, value-added steel processor, providing customers with wide ranging capabilities, products and services for a variety of markets including automotive, construction and agriculture. Worthington puts people first. Since its founding in 1955, Worthington has operated on a philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, which serves as the basis for an unwavering commitment to the customer, supplier and shareholder, and as the Company’s foundation for one of the strongest employee-employer partnerships in American industry. (All Economics Department Majors are eligible to apply)
- Internship Opportunities: Internal Audit, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Computer Science, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Transformation and Supply Chain
- Part Time Internship – Begins Now: Credit Intern, Finance Intern
- WIRED Entry Level Rotational Program
SKYLIGHT FINANCIAL (Full Time) (Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati) Skylight Financial Group’s much sought after summer intern program will not only offer you an intensive hands-on learning experience but the opportunity to meet great people and learn from among the best in the business. It will be challenging and engaging so we are looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial students who like helping people. Ultimately, our goal is for you to begin a career with Skylight upon graduation. Our intern program runs over the summer, so if you are a junior, moving into your senior year in college, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s a look at the key highlights of the program:
- You will be encouraged to operate independently and as part of a team. This provides a real world experience and gives you a solid footing to develop your own successful financial planning practice
- You will be carefully paired with our most successful senior financial planners who will provide coaching and mentoring
- You will study and pass Life & Health Insurance License
- The internship provides a great opportunity to start building your practice and cultivate relationships
- Over the course of the summer, you will be compensated and expected to work full-time in line with the senior planner with whom you are paired
The Strand: Social Media Intern (1 position) Marketing Intern (1 Position) (Delaware, OH) unpaid 10 hrs. per week each beginning Fall 2017: On April 10, 1916, the Strand Theatre was opened by proprietor Henry Bieberson Jr in the New York Cash Store building. We have been showing movies continually ever since! In January of 1936, the Strand was purchased by Schine Theatres out of Gloversville, NY and was part of that chain of movie theatres until 1971. Schine manager George Johnson and his wife Cindy bought the single screen theater. Under the Johnson's, the Strand grew from one screen to three screens. In 1982, the second screen was opened in the adjoining storefront to the left of the original lobby. In 1986, the balcony was closed and reconstructed to form the third screen. The Johnson's owned the Strand until retiring in 1994, when Cathy and Jerry Amato took over the helm. In 2002 Ohio Wesleyan University took ownership and helped create the Strand Theatre and Cultural Arts Association, a 501 (c) 3 Non-profit board that currently owns the Strand.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Social Media, Designing Monthly Newsletter, Assistance with Event Planning and Assistance with implementation and development of upcoming programs and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with Social Media, Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Ability to be Flexible, Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people, must be comfortable thinking in both strategic and tactical terms, Experience with Event Planning a plus