The Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship at Ohio Wesleyan University offers an exceptional program for incoming first-year students interested in economics, business administration, management (marketing and finance), accounting, or international business.
The Economics Management Fellows Program (EMF) is intended for the best of the best. Only 15-20 students are accepted each year. Fellows are quickly introduced to all of the faculty and resources within the Economics Department, as well as to alumni and professional mentors.
Entering freshman Fellows are guaranteed:
- A seat their first semester in Principles of Economics;
- To be assigned to an academic advisor in the Economics Department;
- A peer sophomore or junior mentor in their freshman year and a professional mentor in their senior year;
- Fellows are also awarded a $250 Campus Store gift card per semester for first three semesters (total of $750), assuming they have earned no less than a B in their Economics classes and maintain an overall GPA of no less than a 3.0.
Fellows also enroll in a special seminar only for them, team-taught by the entire Economics and Business Department.
Additional opportunities include:
The program provides a fully paid, faculty escorted study trip to a major U.S. city. In addition to visiting various companies, students will explore local entertainment events such as seeing a baseball game and going to the theater. During the travel experience students will meet with distinguished alumni and professionals in business and government.
Internship and career opportunities are also presented across various fields.
Initial Criteria for selection include:
- Admittance to OWU
- A strong high school academic record that indicates potential for high achievement at OWU
- A stated interest in studying economics, business administration management, marketing, finance, accounting, or international business on their initial OWU application
- Personal interview with Economics and Business Department faculty
For details about the Economics Management Fellows Program, contact The Woltemade Center at 740-368-3565.