Students must meet the eligibility requirements set by OWU listed below to participate in off-campus opportunities. Please be aware that most approved programs have eligibility requirements that exceed those listed for off-campus approval. Each potential applicant is responsible for reviewing eligibility requirements associated with their particular program of interest. No program guarantees acceptance; some programs are very competitive in certain years.
Requirements for Study Away*
- Upper-class standing (more than 15 credits earned at the time of departure)
- Faculty recommendations
- Good conduct record (not currently on probation or under conduct investigation)
- 2.5 GPA minimum (some programs may have higher GPA requirements)
- Clearance from the Student Accounts (no financial holds)
*these requirements are for Fall, Spring, and Academic Year programs. Summer Programs are different. Please visit the Summer Study Away page for more information.
LEAVE APPLICATION DEADLINES
- For Fall and All Year programs -- 20 February, midnight
- For Spring programs, 20 September, midnight.
- For Summer programs, deadlines vary by program; consult program or IOCP.
- Please Note: These are OWU deadlines, some program deadlines are earlier. Please check your program deadline.
- Students are strongly encouraged to apply by February 1 for programs during the following academic year. Some programs may fill up prior to the deadline.