Sponsored by the Economics and Business Department and the Woltemade Center, the Blaine E. Grimes Grant Program is available to Ohio Wesleyan students who are Economics, Management Economics, Business Administration, Finance Economics, Accounting, or International Business majors (must be a declared major). The purpose of the program is to encourage and support internships and activities, especially those related to international or public service programs.
Grants are available for up to $2,000 for summer internships and up to $1,500 for winter internships. Interested students who have identified an appropriate internship or similar experience are encouraged to apply. There will be two rounds of selections, November and April.
With funds provided by Jeff Harris ’76, an investor in and board member of Prodesse; and Cynthia Harris ’76, the program was initiated in the summer of 2005 and named in memory of the late Economics Professor Dr. Blaine E. Grimes, who taught at Ohio Wesleyan from 1946, until 1988. The program was enhanced by Lou Simpson ’58, Chairman of SQ Advisors
Click HERE to complete the ONLINE Application.
Please note that you must also submit a letter of acceptance from the firm confirming the internship or summer experience in order to receive any grant money awarded. If you have received an award based on submitting only the application, you will have two weeks from the date of the award to submit your employer’s letter of acceptance.
The first round of student grant applications are DUE Monday, April 8, 2019. Students will be notified of the selection committee's decision by Friday, April 19, 2019. Applications submitted after April 8, 2019, will be accepted and considered on a case-by-case basis. The last application will be accepted on April 30, 2019.
Blaine Grimes Awards
Students who are awarded a Blaine Grimes Grant must sign a contract agreeing:
- To complete the internship for the period proposed
- To submit a 1-2 page summary report of your internship experience
- To submit a report summarizing how the grant funds were expended and coordinating receipts
- To have the firm submit an evaluation of your performance and attendance
- To submit a high-resolution photograph of yourself to post on the Center’s website and in the Center’s newsletter
- To return the amount of the Blaine Grimes grant if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this contract
For Additional Information, Contact: Stacie Ernst at x3545, email@example.com